100 Day Membership Price
Adult(s) + child(ren)
SAVE ON YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH THE 100 DAYS OF SUMMER SPECIAL
May 15, 2021 - July 15, 2021
Sign up for Adult and Family 100 day membership is available online by selecting the “100 Days of Summer” member type.
3 month College Membership requires sign up in-person at either the Helen G. Nassif YMCA or Marion YMCA.
INCOME BASED RATE CALCULATOR
CURRENT FACILITY USAGE DETAILS
The following changes are currently in place at our facilities to ensure the safest environment possible for our members throughout the pandemic:
- Facility usage is currently limited to members ONLY to ensure a smaller capacity in our buildings
- Fitness classes are limited in capacity to ensure at least six feet of distance between members during classes
- Facilities are regularly cleaned throughout the day and deep cleaned at night by staff
- Disinfectant is provided in different areas for members to use to wipe down used surfaces
- Members must wear face coverings in all areas of our buildings except while participating in physical activity during classes, on machinery, showering, and lap swimming.
- Face coverings are still enforced at our locations in accordance with city-wide mandates until further notice.
- Members are required to register for group exercise classes to ensure a safe space between participants
- Children under the age of 12 yrs. old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in the Helen G. Nassif YMCA. Children under the age of 10 yrs. old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in the Marion YMCA.
Guest passes are not permitted at this time.
The Helen G. Nassif YMCA is currently open to members ONLY. Group fitness, personal training, and lap swimming is available.
The new Marion YMCA is currently open to members ONLY. Group fitness, personal training, lap swimming, and rec pool usage is available.
The Stoney Point YMCA’s pool is currently available to members ONLY for lap swimming. The rest of this facility is closed to members as our child care services are currently being held at this location.
This fitness center is currently limited in usage to MISD employees only.
The YMCA is a charitable 501(c)(3) organization that is able to subsidize those that cannot afford our full membership prices.
INCOME BASED RATE CALCULATOR
Enter the membership type you are interested in and your household income to see what price we can offer you.
Become a Member
When you join the Y, you belong to a community of men, women and children who strive every day to be healthy, confident and connected.
The Y’s cause is to strengthen our community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to learn, grow and thrive.
With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in our community, too.
At the Y, no individual or family is turned away due to inability to pay. Financial assistance is offered to those who cannot afford membership.
Everyday we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, ability or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Since 1868, the Cedar Rapids Metro YMCA has contributed to the lives of hundreds of thousands of boys and girls, and men and women of all ages, races, religions and economic backgrounds.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is, and always has been dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities. Every day our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for a common good.
- Use of any Y in Iowa and most Y’s nationwide
- Early registration for resident camps at YMCA Camp Wapsie
- Reduced program/class fees
- FREE Group Exercise classes
- FREE Child Watch babysitting
- Locker use (don’t forget your lock!)
- A friendly, caring staff to help you at any time
- Open gym
- Pick-up basketball and/or volleyball games
- Open swim
- Water walking/Lap swimming
- All land and water based classes
- Steam room*
- Fitness Center
- Free weights
- Fitness classes
- Family nights
- Indoor track (at Helen G. Nassif and Marion YMCAs)
- Being a part of a community
* indicates Helen G. Nassif YMCA only.
Please Note: Age restrictions enforced.
To learn about available classes, times and dates as well as upcoming programs and activities.
Camp Wapsie is the place to help young people build the character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. With our deep tradition in camping, we strive to instill these underlying principles into each camper during their time at camp.
- Paid yearly: cash, check, VISA, Mastercard or Discover.
- Must be renewed annually.
- All membership fees nonrefundable, nontransferable.
- No Joiner’s Fee on Annual Memberships.
YMCA Corporate Membership
Corporate savings are available for any company that has at least 5 employees join the YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area under the corporate group. Participating companies must designate a volunteer who is a YMCA member to serve as a contact to the YMCA. For more information on new Corporate Membership please contact Alex Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319.366.6421 x 303.
- Payments through automatic bank draft.
- Bank Draft occurs on1st of each month.
- Cancellation requires written notice by the 26th of the month to avoid money being taken out of your account on the 1st.
- Cancellation form must be filled out in person.
- If membership lapses, join fee must be paid again.
- All membership fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Income Based Membership
The YMCA strives to serve everyone in our community, regardless of income. If your household income is under $60,000 or individually under $50,000, please ask about our Income Based Membership Pricing Program.
Individual YMCA memberships may be upgraded to Couple or Family memberships. Please contact the Front Desk at any branch for more information.
Guests are currently not permitted inside YMCAs – facilities are limited to members ONLY due to COVID-19 safety restrictions.
Guests visiting the YMCA will be charged a Guest Fee:
$12/visit/adult (ages 19 and older)
$20/visit/family (1-2 adults & legal dependents)
- Guests MUST show photo I.D.
- Guests photographed for our system.
- Guests may only visit 12 times in a calendar year.
- Due to heavy member usage, guests under the age of 18 not admitted to the pool and fitness area Mon-Fri, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Helen G Nassif branch only.
- Sundays are Members Only at Helen G Nassif branch.
YMCA General Age Requirements
The YMCA’s age requirements have been developed with safety and the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility in mind.
The Y is a place for everyone…this especially includes kids. As such, the YMCA reserves the right to make adjustments as needed and to determine what “responsible” behaviors are for supervisors of young children. For example, it would not be responsible to allow young children unsupervised access to a fitness area (such as an area with treadmills or other equipment).
Current Age Guidelines:
- Children must be at least 12 years old and older to be in the building without the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person of at least 18 years of age.
These guidelines may return as we adjust back from the pandemic.
- Guests and those under the age of 18 not admitted to the pool and fitness area Monday – Friday, 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. at the Helen G Nassif YMCA only.
- Children ages 5 years and younger must be accompanied by and constantly supervised by an adult of at least 18 years of age OR be enrolled in and participating in a YMCA program.
Have questions? Feel free to ask any YMCA employee.
1. How do I sign up for my FREE fitness orientation?
You can sign up at the Welcome Desk or Fitness Center.
2. As a member do I need to register for free group or aqua exercise classes?
During COVID-19, we have limits on how many people can attend each class in order to ensure social distancing between participants. Members are now required to reserve their spot in each class online or through our mobile app. Reservations can be made for group fitness and water exercise classes up to 5 days in advance.
3. I work/live near another branch. Can I workout there?
ABSOLUTELY! When you join one branch of the YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area, you join them all. In fact, you can use any Y throughout the state of Iowa using your current Y membership card.
4. How do I get assistance in the Health and Wellness Center?
See any Fitness staff person by looking for the shirts that say STAFF on them. They can help you with any questions you might have regarding the fitness area.
5. Can I bring friends to the YMCA if they are not members here?
Currently, guests are not permitted inside YMCA facilities to limit capacity during COVID-19. Listed below are guest fees – we will alert the public when guests are permitted once again.
Guests visiting the YMCA will be charged a Guest Fee:
$5/visit/youth | $12/visit/adult (ages 19 and older) | $20/visit/family (1-2 adults & legal dependents)
6. How old do you have to be to work out in the fitness center?
Children must be 12 years old and older to be in the building without the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
7. When is the pool/gym open?
8. What are the hours of the building?
Currently, our two main branches (Helen G. Nassif & Marion YMCAs) are open Monday – Friday: 5:30 AM – 8:00 PM, Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, and Sunday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Times change during the summer months and will continue to change throughout the pandemic.
9. Do you have financial assistance for program or memberships?
The YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those in the community regardless of ability to pay. Financial assistance is available for those that qualify thanks to generous contributions to the YMCA Annual Campaign. To apply for financial assistance, ask a Welcome Center staff person for information regarding our Income-Based Membership Pricing Program. All allotments are based on a sliding fee scale and are available for programs as well as membership. The Income Based pricing calculator above will give you an idea of what price you will pay based upon your income. To verify income, please bring your most recent W2 or last two pay stubs when signing up for an income based membership.
10. Do you offer military discounts on membership?
We offer a 30% discount to all active members of the military and veterans. Please view and fill out this form for our front desk staff and they’ll set you up with the YMCA’s military discount.
ALWAYS WELCOME IN EVERY COMMUNITY
Things to Know Before You Go:
As a Nationwide Member, you now have the added value of visiting YMCAs across the United States and Puerto Rico. There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
• Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2,500 Y locations participate.
• You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
• On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
• If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan
ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
• If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
• Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
• You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We offer Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.