- Train/instruct and orient YMCA members on cardio vascular equipment, circuit equipment, weight machines and free weights as part of their personal training session. Be able to demonstrate proper use of all equipment and weight lifting principles/practices.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Create and maintain a harmonious, positive working relationship with fellow staff members, YMCA members and participants.
- Stay active; be moving around talking to members. Making sure that they are not having any problems with the equipment.
- Attend training opportunities provided by and through the YMCA.
- Follow pre-screening procedures identified by supervisor.
- Develop and conduct personal training sessions based on YMCA guidelines/procedures and the goals/abilities of participants.
- Track and document progress of participants.
- Follow registration procedures at the service center desk to ensure fees are collected.
- Conduct follow up phone calls following each session a participant has.
- Facilitate member involvement through personal training program.
- Maintain records as directed by supervisor or designated staff person.
- Know all emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate to them.
- Complete accident/incident reports and immediately notifies supervisor or designated staff person.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff person.
- Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied in the mission statement and values.
Personal Trainers – come work with our new QueenAx machine!
- Enjoy working and interacting with people of all types, ages, and fitness abilities, modeling and utilizing the important core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Minimum of 6-12 months experience and knowledge of physical fitness methods and techniques; use of fitness equipment ; and weight lifting principles and practices is preferred
- Possesses leadership and organizational skills.
- Current YMCA Personal Trainer Instructor certification or other approved national personal trainer certification.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles required within 6 months of hire.
- CPR/AED certifications required within 30 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com