Camp Wapsie is looking for a full-time Caretaker. The ideal candidate will have mechanical aptitude to repair minor problems and general upkeep of camp vehicles and equipment. The candidate must possess the ability to supervise people, as well as the ability to maintain accurate and complete records. Must be available to handle property matters as they arise.
- Provides overall coordination of cleaning and facility maintenance, including planning and developing
- Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
- Develops budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Participates with other members of management in the YMCA’s fundraising campaign.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
- Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- Updates facility plans periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.