We are seeking caring Child Care Counselors to work with elementary age children at three elementary school sites: Truman and Van Buren in Cedar Rapids, Echo Hill in Marion. The School Age Program Counselors are responsible for assuring each child’s health and safety and all aspects of the child’s experience in the YMCA Child Care Program. Counselors assist in planning, organizing, leading and supervising children ages 6-12 who are registered in the program.
Child Care Counselors
YMCA Cedar Rapids and Marion
- Leadership, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Experience in the area of education, counseling or child care is preferred.
Meets the requirements set by the State:
- Demonstrate competence in working independently with children
- Valid first aid and CPR or ability to get training
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Certification in mandatory child abuse reporting
- A valid universal precautions certificate
- Ability to pass a criminal record check.
- Enjoy working with people of all types and ages.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org