Come grow with us! We are looking for an Aquatics Director with the experience, enthusiasm, and work ethic to oversee our aquatics programs at our State of the Art Marion facility!
The Marion facility is the newest branch of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area YMCA. The branch is part of an Association that encompasses the Helen G. Nassif location, the Marion branch, and Camp Wapsie. The Aquatics Director is responsible for all aspects of the Aquatics Program as well as activities at the current Marion location. These activities include acquiring, guiding and leading staff, growing our private and group swim lesson programs as well as an opportunity to develop and implement new programming options.
- Administrative duties to include hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of Aquatics staff.
- Conduct employee performance appraisals.
- Assure payroll accuracy
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character develop model into all programs.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, providing necessary Program Guide information.
- Create and schedule aquatics instruction classes/program offerings.
- Conduct research to increase programs and ensure that they are fulfilling the community’s needs.
- Develop and monitor the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; prepare monthly variance reports and year-end projections, as requested.
- Assure proper maintenance of the pool.
- Conduct training for lifeguards and swim instructors in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR.
- Perform lifeguard and swim instructor duties as needed.
- Assume other duties, appropriate for this position, as requested.