PROGRAMS HELD AT YMCA BRANCHES/LOCATIONS:
- Morning Programs: if the Cedar Rapids Community School District has a late start or cancellation due to adverse weather conditions, then all programs and fitness classes, including child watch at all Y branches are cancelled until 12 PM. Buildings and pools will remain open unless otherwise noted.
- Afternoon Programs: Decisions for afternoon programs like sports and fitness classes will be made and announced by 3 PM.
- Other: Some programs which don’t meet the above criteria may be cancelled on a case-by-case basis, depending on weather conditions. When in doubt, please call the branch Welcome Center to confirm classes and timing.
CHILD CARE PROGRAMS:
- Early School Dismissals: If school dismisses early due to inclement weather, YMCA child care sites will remain open until 4 PM unless otherwise stated.
- School Cancellations: If school is cancelled due to weather conditions, child care will also be cancelled. Echo Hill Elementary Site – please contact YMCA Child Care Director, we will attempt to provide child care.
- School Delays: If school start is delayed, the Y will still provide child care at determined start time. The YMCA reserves the right to close child care is the weather worsens. Parents/Guardians will be notified via email of child care closings and pick-up times.
Sites and Phone Numbers:
- Echo Hill Elementary/Marion: (319) 775-1269
- Truman Elementary: (319) 775-1270
- Van Buren Elementary: (319) 775-1268
- Stoney Point YMCA (where some elementary sites have been moved): (319) 390-3488
Decisions regarding weekend programs and sports cancellations are made ASAP during inclement weather. Please check the homepage of our website and Facebook page for updates.
During inclement weather, the Y’s goal is to remain open. However, safety is the primary concern. Branches may open later and/or close early due to weather conditions.
HOW TO GET UPDATES
- Visit our website homepage www.crmetroymca.org
- Like the Y’s Facebook and Instagram pages @crmetroymca
- Download the YMCA’s mobile app and receive real-time notifications: https://apps.daxko.com/0ibuPBV9HU